DIY Sugar scrubs with essential oils
Sugar scrub is wonderful for exfoliating and moisturising your skin. Even better than other beauty products? And when you hear of sugar scrubs with essential oils, you might be fascinated thinking about all the wonders essential oils would transfer into your sugar scrub.
This is why we have brought you some remarkable homemade body scrub recipes that you can prepare with essential oils. You can make it with much less investment and with all the ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Learn how to create sugar scrub recipes for practically every area of your body. To enjoy the article further, read it thoroughly without directly jumping on to the recipes. Happy reading!
Sugar Scrub Benefits for Skin
Adding sugar scrubs to your skincare routine can bring you tons of advantages.
- Exfoliation-the first and the most important benefit is that sugar scrubs are best for exfoliating your skin. This is because exfoliation with sugar boosts cell turnover and leads to healthier skin.
- Moisturizes the skin effectively-sugar scrubs with essential oils contain vital fatty acids and vitamins A, C and E. These are great for the skin because they naturally reduce roughness and promote healthy and flawless skin.
- Makes the skin tone look natural-sugar scrubs gives you relief from the harmful tan. So helping you to achieve the natural skin texture that you lost due to harmful UV rays. It also brightens up the skin in a more natural way.
- Sugar scrubs assist you to remove ingrown hairs. Using the sugar scrub on a frequent basis clears out the pores and eliminates textured skin, which can contribute to ingrown hairs.
- It takes away the dirt and toxins from the skin. Environmental elements such as UV radiation, pollution, and pesticides all contribute to premature aging. This is something that you will suffer from no matter how carefully you take care of your body and skin. Natural sugar scrub with essential oils can help to remove toxins from your skin and keep your look fresh and youthful.
- You can use sugar scrubs all over the body, unlike the other salt scrubs that are specific for only some parts of the body. So it is safe that way.
- Sugar scrub is best for sensitive and delicate skin as it dissolves quicker and has smaller particles. So if you have rough skin, a sugar scrub should be your go-to beauty essential.
Can I Use Essential Oils for Sugar Scrubs?
Essential oils can add a double boost to your freshly prepared sugar scrub. Adding essential oils to your sugar scrub is a fantastic approach to address skincare issues because of their infusion with natural substances and herbs. They aid in the removal of scars and stretch marks, as well as decrease the symptoms of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines. It tightens the skin, eliminates wrinkles, and heals it.
So yes, you can definitely use essential oils for sugar scrubs. However, the only element that you have to look after is just that the essential oil you are using should suit your skin. Not every essential oil works best for every skin so what might fit well with my skin would never bring you the same results. This is why it is advisable to choose wisely.
Best Essential Oils for Sugar Scrubs
Let’s get into some amazing and refreshing essential oils that you can pick and create the best sugar scrub recipe;
#1. Chamomile essential oil
This calming oil is anti-inflammatory and can help minimize skin redness. If you are allergic to leaves, you should avoid using this essential oil in sugar scrubs because it can irritate your skin. But you don’t need to stress out as we got some better options for you.
#2. Tea tree essential oil
This oil serves as a natural astringent and is best for acne-prone skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of tea tree oil aid to soothe and alleviate itchy, inflamed skin. It may also aid in the reduction of edoema and redness.
#3. Geranium essential oil
Geranium has a wonderful floral aroma and is best for reducing wrinkles and slows down the process of premature aging. Geranium oil has qualities that assist to improve the appearance of healthy skin while also grounding and relaxing emotions.
#4. Peppermint essential oil
This is my go-to oil for preparing foot washes or treating aching muscles because it is invigorating and has a nice cooling effect. So why not use it to prepare the sugar scrub?
#5. Lavender essential oil
Goes with every type of skin. It can also aid in the reduction of inflammation and irritation in the skin by balancing out the moisture levels. It is typically an excellent choice for sensitive skin because of its delicacy.
Sugar Scrub Ingredients
What kind of sugar is best for your scrub? You can compose homemade sugar scrub with different types of sugars. I usually use granulated or brown sugar but I would suggest experimenting with different varieties to discover what works best for you.
- Essential oils
As aforementioned, essential oils not only give your scrub a natural scent but also have a variety of skincare benefits and aroma-therapeutic effects.
Some ingredients such as rose petals, citrus zest, mint leaves will naturally colour your sugar scrub. In order to make the colour more intense, add mica powder.
- Coconut oil
A DIY coconut oil sugar scrub is one of my favourites! Fractionated coconut oil is a light, odourless, and economical alternative to full-fat coconut oil. It is extremely moisturising and will leave a glow and smoothness on your skin
- Vitamin E oil
One of the best substances for nourishing, hydrating, and rejuvenating the skin is vitamin E. Another advantage lies in its antioxidant composition that prevents the carrier oil from oxidizing. This further extends the shelf life of the DIY sugar scrub.
Homemade Sugar Scrubs with Essential Oils Recipe
The wait ends here as now you will get to know three of the top-notch recipes of natural sugar scrubs with essential oils so calm yourself down and enjoy the elation.
1. Lavender Sugar Scrub
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 20 to 25 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 teaspoons of lavender buds (optional but will add a wholesome fragrance to the sugar scrub)
- Heat the coconut oils so that it melts down completely.
- Take a bowl.
- Add sugar and melted coconut oil to the bowl.
- Stir it until you combine it evenly.
- Add lavender essential oil.
- Add lavender buds.
- Combine the mixture again.
- Add the scrub in an airtight glass mason jar.
How often to apply?
Twice a week.
2. Brown Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of oil( you can choose from; coconut oil, almond oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil or jojoba oil)
- 20 to 25 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Take a bowl.
- Add brown sugar and oil.
- Make a thorough mix.
- If necessary, add more sugar or oil to achieve the desired consistency.
- Add one or two drops of your chosen essential oil to the mixture.
- Whisk it in if desired.
- Spoon the scrub into a jar once you’re happy with the consistency and aroma.
How often to apply?
Twice a week.
3. Pink Lemonade DIY Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of oil (Coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil would work best)
- ½ teaspoon of Vitamin E oil
- 20 to 25 drops of essential oil (For this recipe I use lemon essential oil)
- 1 to drops of red food colouring
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- You can adjust the amount of oil according to your preferences.
- Add the scrub in an airtight container. Keep the container sealed. This recipe has no preservatives. Using it within a month or two is advisable but not more than that.
How often to apply?
Twice a week.
How to use your DIY Sugar Scrub with Essential Oils?
Let’s read some points;
- With a spoon, scoop a little amount of sugar scrub into your hands.
- Exfoliate all over your hands and feet, or wherever else you’d like to feel softer.
- Allow 3-4 minutes for your scrub to rest on your skin.
- Take advantage of this opportunity to rest and unwind.
- After rinsing thoroughly, pat dry with a soft towel.
How to Store your Homemade Body Scrub?
An airtight jar is the best method to store your natural sugar scrub with essential oils. Glass containers are preferred so nothing hazardous ooze into your scrub. If you store it in this manner, it will last around 3 months.
Also, if you are dipping your hands straight into the scrub, make sure they are clean. Use a clean spoon as well.
Sugar scrubs with essential oils are hands down the best homemade beauty hacks one could prepare. They are easy, quick, luxurious and therapeutic to make. H
Hurry up and give your skin the love and care it deserves by creating some super fantastic sugar scrubs.