Do your perpetual dark circles and puffy eyes worry you? You may have tried pricey eye creams to reduce puffiness and darkness. However, you’re not sure if they’re still effective, and that is an investment of a great deal of money. How about making your DIY caffeine eye serum? Spare coffee beans combined with essential oils can indeed be your secret home treatment for dark circles. Let me provide you with some quick and easy coffee eye serum recipes.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using any affiliate links, I will earn a commission based on that purchase. For more, you can read out the complete disclosure here.
Dark circles stick to your side just like your best friends do. However, little do they know of being more pain than a blessing. Therefore, to get over with this problem permanently, read on some coffee-infused caffeine eye serums.
Who knows, this might just be the beginning of a beautiful life journey by bidding farewell to your irritating dark circles and under-eye puffiness?
If your under eye skin looks dull all the time, you should use these natural remedies to tighten your under eye skin area. All these tips are highly effective if you do it with consistency.
How Caffeine Reduces Eye Puffiness?
Let me walk you through some phenomenal perks that coffee beans offer. These benefits play a major role in treating your eyes.
- Firstly, topically applied caffeine stimulates blood circulation under the eye and plumps the skin. Thus, helping to diminish the dark circles making the eye look fresh and brightening.
- Secondly, it also aids in reducing the appearance of swelling under the eye region. It does so by constricting the blood vessels.
- Thirdly, caffeine is an antioxidant with a lot of energy and is potent. Therefore, providing you with the flawless skin that you have always desired.
- Moreover, caffeine also helps in protecting the skin from damaging ultraviolet rays by slowing down the process of photoaging.
- It also reduces the visibility of cellulite and acts as an exfoliator.
Let’s find out what oils are best for eye wrinkles.
Best Essential Oils to Use For DIY Caffeine Eye Serum
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a secret ingredient for those who have dry eyes. Using it to create you customize eye serum is effective in so many ways. When applied around the eyes, it minimizes the wrinkles and under eye-bags. The anti-bacterial nature of coconut oil greatly aids in reducing the puffiness of the eyes.
2. Frankincense Frereana Essential Oil
Frankincense oil helps in alleviating oily skin and diminishes acne. It also provides lipids for the skin that is aging faster.
3. Carrot Seed Essential Oil
Using carrot seed oil for homemade coffee eye serum does wonder. It reduces the scars and helps in the reduction of wrinkles.
4. Neroli Essential Oil
Neroli essential oil contains the essence of citrus. Therefore, it helps to balance out the sebum without drying your skin.
5. Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum essential oil serves as an antioxidant that protects the skin’s collagen and elastin. It also prevents the skin from harmful micro-organisms. Its tissue remodelling properties help to reduces and clear the blemishes.
6. Sweet Almond oil
Sweet almond oil is my personal favourite to use when making coffee eye serum. It helps to lighten up the dark circles under the eyes. Not only has this but also contained powerful substances like retinol, vitamin K and E. These substances further smoothens the delicate region of the eyes.
7. Clary Sage Oil
For reducing excess sebum, clary sage is a go-to essential oil. Clary sage may also aid in the treatment of acne and the reduction of wrinkles in mature skin.
8. Lemon oil
Lemon oil can aid in the battle against inflammation and free radicals. Therefore, preventing acne and photoaging.
If you have most of these oils then you are good to DIY eye serum with essential oils and coffee beans. Or, you can also get the complete range of essentials oil online.
Now, let’s look at the homemade eye serum recipe.
DIY Caffeine Eye Serum Recipe
- 5 teaspoons of sweet almond oil
- 2 teaspoons of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of ground coffee beans
- 1/3rd cup of maple sugar
- Take a grinder and grind the coffee beans freshly in a small mason jar.
- Fill the jar with sweet almond oil and wait for the ground coffee beans to submerge evenly.
- Cover the Mason jar with a lid.
- Keep the jar in the dark, shady place for 24 to 48 hours. This is to allow the serum to infuse thoroughly.
- After the ingredients have been infused, open the lid of the jar.
- Add the mixture into the tree nut bag to capture any leftover beans.
- Take a small bowl and funnel the entire mixture into it.
- Add one teaspoon of vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Add two teaspoons of avocado oil side by side.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Pour the mixed serum into the roll-on applicator or any serum storage container of your choice.
- You can also add few coffee beans into the jar for continuous infusion of coffee.
Put on the cold serum around the eyes every morning and get over from dark circles and eye puffiness.
It takes 25 to 30 minutes to make this eye serum.
If you prefer using Castor oil then use the eye serum recipe below. It also works to treat dark circles. You can get your castor oil from here.
Homemade Eye Serum Recipe with Castor Oil
Yet another recipe that you can pin down is the castor oil coffee eye serum.
- ¼ cup ground organic coffee beans
- 1/3 cup sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- Take a glass jar.
- Add sweet almond oil and coffee to that jar.
- Cover the lid. Allow it to settle for a week in a shady place for the coffee to fully infuse.
- Use a cheesecloth or nut milk bag to strain the infused oil into the bowl.
- Add castor oil into the bowl and mix well.
- Use a funnel and pour the mixture into the dropper.
Apply it daily after washing your face. Use the dropper and press it beneath the eyes to let the serum out. Spread it under the eye region. You can also add this to your bedtime routine as well.
Benefits of Ingredients For Homemade Eye Serum
When you make your own eye serum, make sure to include these key ingredients.
Coffee : It is the most essential component that tightens the skin. It helps in firming and freshening the dull under-eye region. It also exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin. Works best for removing the dark circles.
Almond oil : This ingredient is amazing, especially if you are suffering from under-eye bags or dark circles. This is effective in reducing and removing the dark circles, hence giving your clear face.
Vitamin E Serum: It restores collagen and repairs skin cells. It also aids in diminishing the age spots and slows down the ageing process. It also firms the region around the eyes making it more youthful and beautiful.
Tips for Making Best DIY Caffeine Eye Serum at Home
Here are some precautions and tips for effective homemade natural eye serum for dark circles.
- Store your homemade caffeine eye serum in colder or room temperatures.
- Placing the serum in the fridge is advisable as the cold temperature enable to soothe the puffy eyes in the morning.
- Store the extra serum in airtight containers or dropper bottles to prevent it from damages.
- You can also store it inside the travel-sized jar to make it more travel friendly.
- Be careful if you note any reactions on under eye skin area
- Always do a patch test before applying any serums
- Apply a small amount of serum and do not rub your eyes.
Do you have eye serum bottles at home that you can re-use?
You can order one of these finest bottles online and they are so cheap.
The DIY caffeine eye serum is all miracles you need in your life if you have puffy, wrinkled eyes. Once you try it, I am sure you would never even think of leaving this remedy that very efficiently and effectively deals with these prominent dark circles beneath your eyes.
Make your life a bit easier and get relief from these dark circles within few weeks. A little quantity of coffee eye serum will go a long way.