Hate coconut oils or maybe, it’s too oily on the skin? This homemade diy coffee body scrub without coconut oil is easy to make.
The latest shift from getting your hands on the expensive body scrubs to making homemade body scrubs is more trendy and appealing these days. With this, coffee body scrubs are gaining intense popularity. If you are a coffee freak, you would surely want to try out the best kickstart for your weekend, the very famous DIY coffee body scrub without coconut oil.
Yes, you read that right! I am extremely delighted to bring you the amazing homemade coffee scrubs remedies right at the comfort of your home.
Coffee, as a natural exfoliant is quite soothing for the skin. Exfoliating with coffee scrubs helps people to get rid of their dead skin cells. This as a result leaves behind clear and glowing skin. People usually prefer coffee as an essential ingredient of their skincare products because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Hence, there is no doubt in saying that coffee is the real component of your skincare beauty.
Coffee for a body scrub has proven to be an effective ingredient for having smoother and brighter skin.
Isn’t that fantastic?
So to have a glowy appearance and skin, scroll down and have a look at some simple DIY coffee body scrub recipes without coconut oil.
If you are allergic to coconut oil or you are looking for best coconut oil alternatives with coffee body scrubs then this post is for you.
Why Body Scrubs Have Oils?
We are not naïve to the fact of how sticky oil is in nature. Therefore, its presence in homemade body scrubs makes it easier to hold all the ingredients together. Hence, the use of oil while preparing the homemade coffee scrub allows holding the coffee and salt together. Coupled with this, the oil contains essential elements that are beneficial for the skin.
However, this is not true for the body scrubs that consist of comedogenic substance in it. This is because the comedogenic substance is known for blocking the pores in the skin. It also causes pimples and acne.
So, how are homemade body scrubs better?
Benefits of Homemade Body Scrubs
There are several advantages that homemade body scrubs give you.
- One of the greatest advantages that you can get is the free exfoliating body scrubs right at the comfort of your home. This is something to feel grateful for because the scrubs that you get from markets are highly expensive. Not only this, but you also don’t get a sufficient quantity. This is why homemade body scrubs quite inexpensive and easy to prepare as well.
- One of the features that I love most about homemade body scrubs is that you add the ingredients as per your requirement. Hence, homemade body scrubs provide you with an opportunity to prepare the right scrubs. Along with this, it also gives skin the boost it needs to look flawless and radiant.
- It exfoliates your skin and cleans your pores. This results in younger-looking, soft and smooth skin.
All in all, you surely have good reasons for easy DIY coffee body scrubs.
How Often Should You Use a Body Scrub?
You should start off using body scrubs once a week. After this, you should slowly and gradually increase the usage to 3-4 times per week. Exfoliating your body before a shower also does wonders.
Most importantly, you should give your body some rest. Let it breathe and then, you can scrub again. It’s totally up to your own choice and how you would want it.
Best Coconut Oil alternatives For Homemade Coffee Body Scrubs
A lot of people including my own sister doesn’t use coconut oil much. If you know, there are always other oil options that you can easily use for making homemade coffee scrubs. Every oil has a different benefit but these oils would work excellent with coffee body scrubs.
Here is a list of coconut oil alternatives for making homemade coffee scrubs.
- Sunflower seed oil
- Almond oil
- Olive oil
- Jojoba oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Juniper seed oil
- Tea tree oil
- Vitamin E oil
Now, let’s find out simple DIY coffee scrub recipes without coconut oil.
3 Simple DIY Coffee Scrub Without Coconut Oil Recipe
Preparing DIY coffee body scrub without coconut oil at home is quite an easy task.
It will also be a very therapeutic process because it smells great. Let me walk you through simple home-based coffee scrubs remedies for the body.
1. Homemade Coffee and Sugar Scrub
- 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply it on the face and body during or before the shower.
- Store the remaining scrub in a glass jar to use later.
How often can you apply?
You can use it twice a week.
2. DIY Coffee Green Tea Scrub
- 1 cup of coffee ground
- 3-4 teaspoons of Epsom salt
- 2-3 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teabag of green tea
- 4-5 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Brew the green tea.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl other than tea and oil.
- Add oil and green tea while adjusting the consistency.
- Mix it well evenly
- Apply all over your body before shower.
- Massage for 15-20 minutes and allow the scrub to stay on the body for the next 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the entire body with water.
How often can you apply?
You can apply this twice or thrice a week.
3. DIY Coffee and Rose Water Body Scrub
- 5 tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 2 teaspoons of juniper seed oil
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them evenly.
- Apply the mixture to the body in a circular motion and massage it well.
- Leave it on the body for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with a lukewarm water
5 to 7 minutes
How often can you apply?
You can apply this daily since the presence of rose water and juniper oil helps in preventing skin infections. This scrub also contains antiseptic properties.
Related Homemade Recipes to Try;
Note: Save the pin below to Pinterest boards to check out recipe again.
Safety Tips to Use Coffee Body Scrubs at Home
It is advisable to do a patch test before applying any scrub on the body. This is usually done to ensure if the scrub is causing any rash or irritation on the skin.
If this is the case, you should immediately stop using the scrub, however, if it causes nothing as such, you are good to go. Also, if your skin is highly sensitive, you should see your dermatologist know what ingredients might be softer on your skin type.
Moreover, the scrub might cause intense itching and irritation if you apply it to the cuts and bruises. It might also sting if you have just waxed or shaved your skin so it is better to be mindful about that as well.
Lastly, beauty experts recommend using a cosmetic spatula to take out homemade coffee body scrub from the jar. With this, it is also essential to ensure that no water enters the scrub as that would dissolve the base of the scrub.
How long does a DIY coffee body scrub without coconut oil can last?
It can last for up to 6 months if you store it appropriately. But, most homemade products expire soon so it’s best to use it within 3 months.
How to store DIY coffee body scrub without coconut oil?
You can store your homemade coffee scrub or any other organic body scrub in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Final thoughts on Coffee Body Scrubs
Coffee scrubs have their perks. They not only make you feel good about yourself but also make you active. The fun fact is that you can use it as an instant refresher. I can completely vouch for DIY coffee body scrubs without coconut oil because of how easily they can be prepared in little or no time.
Therefore, I am going to prepare another one for myself over a weekend and pamper my body with the love it deserves and I think you should too. You honestly would not regret making it.
Do you use any other coconut oil alternatives for making coffee body scrubs? Please share below!