Well…it’s easy to DIY face cleanser. Really?
Hunting for the best face cleansers can be exhausting because not every cleanser suits everyone. Even if you find out your best preference for facial cleansers, it might not be cost-effective and would hold high amounts of bucks. Also, considering how after spending a lot of money one face cleanser, your skin remains at the risk of getting affected by the immense amount of chemicals.
That is why, treating your face with natural organic products is a safe bet.
Cleaning your skin is the first step in skincare regime. Dust, perspiration, filth, and bacteria accumulate on your skin, making it vulnerable to a variety of ailments. This is why a thorough cleansing routine is necessary for your skin.
Otherwise, these particles plug pores, causing a slew of skin issues.
To avoid such problems and to help you achieve your goal of flawless skin, we tried to come up with a list of some natural effective DIY face cleansers.
They will not only help you overcome your skin issues but also be mild on the skin. Thus, they are safe to use and free from all kinds of side effects.
Do yourself a favour and scroll down to read about some of the amazing natural homemade face cleansers. You may search for and find the ideal components in your kitchen to make a cleanser that is good for your skin type. Easy-Peasy.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using any affiliate links, I will earn a commission based on that purchase. For more, you can read out the complete disclosure here.
Why are Homemade DIY Face Cleansers Safe to Use?
Preparing face cleansers at home require natural ingredients. These natural and organic substances are what make these DIY face cleansers healthy.
The researchers postulate that there are only 11% of the cosmetic industries around the world test their cosmetic ingredients for safety purposes.
Isn’t that frightening for you?
Some of these ingredients that they use are not even have products that would match your skin type. This may frustrate you and you may end up changing your cleanser and the cycle goes on and on.
When you prepare face cleansers at home, you can add in all the products that fit with your skin type and choose to ignore all the ingredients that your skin is sensitive to. Thus, preventing your skin from any potential harms.
Natural face cleansers are free from chemicals and any substance that can cause harm to the facial skin. These chemicals can cause terrible effects on the skin, leading to the birth of many skin issues including diseases as well. Therefore, it is safe to say that DIY face cleansers are the most secure way of cleansing the face effectively.
Just like DIY face washes, you should also check out DIY Homemade BodyWash Recipe. It’s so good for skin.
Let’s find out homemade face cleanser ingredients.
Natural Products For Best Homemade Face Cleansers
Here are some natural products that you can utilize while making face cleansers at home;
Antioxidants: Antioxidants are natural preservatives that slow down the oxidation process. Adding them straight to the oils are effective as it keeps them stay fresh. Or you can add them to the oil phase in your recipe. Antioxidants are ideal for formulae with delicate oils such as avocado, sweet almond, or evening primrose. Some of the antioxidants include;
- Vitamin E– protects and defends skin in a variety of ways from external factors that can have a significant harmful impact.
- Rosemary oil extract– Enhances the function of the brain, helps in relieving pain and inflammation.
- Green tea– Reduces the redness of the skin.
- Milk– Cleanses pores and reduces the bacteria that causes acne.
Honey: Honey has a remarkable ability to absorb and maintain moisture in the skin.
Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has long been thought to be a skin-healing plant. When we get a bad sunburn, it’s the first thing we reach for. As a result, it’s an excellent element for nourishing and protecting the skin in natural face cleansers.
Apple : Apple brings back the lost moisture from the skin.
Peppermint : Peppermint leaves hydrating effects on dry and dull skin.
Coconut oil : Coconut milk hydrates your skin while also alleviating inflammation and irritation.
Let’s get the recipe on how to make homemade cleanser.
10 Natural Homemade Face Cleanser Recipes
Here are few diy face wash for different skin types. If you have a acne prone skin, please check the ingredients first. Similarly, if you have extremely dry skin, you must only use ingredients that suit your skin.
#1. Apple and Cream DIY Face Cleanser
- Small sized apple
- 1 teaspoon of cream
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Bring a small apple to a boil
- Gently mash it with a fork.
- Add 1 teaspoon cream, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon lemon or orange juice.
- To make a smooth paste, thoroughly combine all of the components.
- Apply it to the entire face, including the face, forehead, and neck.
- Allow 5 minutes to pass before rinsing with warm water.
#2. Honey and Curd Cleanser
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 2 teaspoons of curd
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (optional)
You can get organic honey from here.
- Take a bowl.
- Add curd, organic honey.
- Mix it thoroughly before applying it to your face.
- If you have particularly dry skin, you can also add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply it on the face.
- Leave it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Rinsing it with cold water would be effective.
- You can continue with your usual toning and moisturising routine.
- This cleanser is mild in nature and thus using it regularly is advisable for better results.
#3. Strawberry and Yoghurt Cleanser
- 2 fresh ripen strawberries
- 2 teaspoon of yoghurt
- Take a blender
- Add yoghurt, fresh ripe strawberries in a blender to create a puree.
- Apply to the face and massage gently.
- Leave it on for 5-7 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- This cleanser will get rid of any extra oil or sebum on your skin.
#4. Aspirin and Clay Cleanser
- 2 to 3 crushed aspirin powder
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of clay.
- Take a small bowl.
- Add clay and the crushed aspirin powder to a bowl.
- Mix a little water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the cleanser thoroughly to the face.
- Make sure that it stays in your face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off smoothly with cold water.
#5. Pineapple Natural Face Cleanser
- 2 teaspoons of pineapple juice.
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Take a bowl.
- Add 2 pineapple juice and lemon juice
- Now you have to prepare a thick paste for which you have to add baking soda to the mixture.
- Apply to your face and gently massage it in.
- Allow sitting for 5 minutes before washing with cold water.
- Apply a soothing moisturizer after it.
#6. Gram Flour Cleanser
- 2 tablespoons of besan (gram flour).
- 1 tablespoon of milk. You can also use curd as an alternative.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- You can add in a little water as well if the consistency is very thick.
- Make sure the consistency is medium.
- Apply it gently on the face.
- Allow it to stay on the face for 15 minutes for the best results.
- After it dries out completely, wash off the face with cold water.
#7. Tomato Homemade Cleanser
- 2 teaspoons of tomato pulp
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Combine tomato pulp, milk, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- A little of this cleanser could go long way.
- Apply in a circular motion to your face and neck.
- Allow it to stay on the face for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- You can even store this cleanser to use in future.
#8. Chickpea and Milk Face Cleanser
- 5 to 6 teaspoons of chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoon of raw milk
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Take a small bowl.
- Add in milk and along with milk, add turmeric powder.
- Let turmeric mix first.
- Add chickpea flour.
- Blend all these ingredients.
- Make sure you prepare a smooth consistency paste.
- Apply it all over the face and neck region as well.
- Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Apply a hydrating moisturizer after that.
#9. Apple Cider Vinegar DIY Face Cleanser
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- One-fourth cup of water
- You can also add few drops of honey to this. However, it’s not mandatory.
- Take a bowl.
- Dilute two tablespoons of ACV in one-fourth cup water to show even-toned, firm skin.
- Use this mixture to clean your face of dirt and pollutants.
- Massage gently as you would with your regular face wash
- Rinse thoroughly with simple water.
#10. Natural DIY face cleanser with Essential Oils
- ¼ cup of liquid castile soap
- ¼ cup of brewed organic chamomile tea (for its anti-inflammatory properties)
- ¾ teaspoon of grapeseed oil (You can also use Sweet almond oil, Hazelnut oil, Avocado oil, or olive oil as a substitute)
- 8 drops of essential oil of your choice.
- 3 drops Vitamin E oil (You can get this recommended Vitamin E oil and use it for every DIY skincare recipes. It works wonder for skin.)
- Make a strong cup of chamomile tea and set aside a quarter cup to chill so that while you are putting this recipe together, you can drink the rest of your tea.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add the tea once it cools down completely. Combine all ingredients in a small squirt bottle or pump bottle and shake vigorously to combine.
- Make sure that you label your container clearly. This recipe yields 4 oz. of homemade face cleanser.
- Using your hands or a washcloth, gently wash your face with the DIY face cleanser.
- Rinse well.
- After that, finish with your usual toner and/or moisturiser.
How to store your face cleanser?
You can get these face wash bottles. I like the pink colour, but you can choose whatever you like. There are also different designs and even glass bottles.
Safety Precautions While Preparing Face Cleansers at Home
DIY face cleansers are super simple to prepare but there are certain things that you should keep in mind before creating these recipes.
Let me walk you through some of the safety tips to keep in mind;
- Avoid contamination
Choose your containers carefully to reduce the risk of contamination. Dispensing bottles are preferable in comparison to open mouth jars. This is because open mouth jars can catch impurities. Therefore, if you’re reusing old containers, make sure they’re sterilised and completely dry beforehand.
- Avoid light
UV radiation from direct sunlight, oxygen, heat, dampness, and bacteria from your fingertips can all harm your freshly prepared homemade face cleanser. To avoid light, store your cleanser in opaque containers which prevent the passage of light to pass through.
- Take into account the shelf life of the ingredients you put inside the cleansers before planning to prepare them.
It is advisable to make only one batch of natural face cleansers if you are adding a food-related ingredient in it, just like the pineapple, avocado or even milk, Make only as much as you can use in a single sitting. This is because some ingredients do not last more than a week or two. However, if kept in the fridge, some DIY face cleansers including food can keep up to a week.
If something smells fishy or weird, do not use it. It will not only contaminate the cleanser but will also waste all your efforts.
- Use natural preservatives
Adding up a natural preservative in any of your homemade products would help the products to last longer. Scroll upwards to check some of the natural preservatives for your ease. My personal favourite is Vitamin E oil.
Highlighted DIY Recipes You Must Check Out;
How to Make DIY Face Serum For Glowing Skin – Hit recipe!
Essential Oils for Different Skin Type
In order to create the best homemade face cleanser, it is highly recommended to choose the appropriate essential oils that work well with your skin type.
To make face cleanser for oily skin, it is advisable to go for antiseptic or astringent essential oil. An example of these could be;
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
If you want to make face cleanser for dry skin, go for the essential oils that are mild in nature such as;
- Rosemary essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
For mature and combination skin, use oils knowing for stimulating new cell growth for example;
- Neroli essential oil
- Jasmine essential oil
- Vitamin E oil
You can also get this essential oils pack with 16 oils inside the package.
Make Your Best DIY Face Cleanser at Home – Wrap Up
The DIY face cleansers use natural substances that nourish the face and provide it with a natural glow. These easy face cleansers at home would just take some of your time and will help you create a facial look that you have always desired to have.
Prepare the best DIY face cleansers right at the comfort of your home and get beautiful skin tailoring to your skin type. Pamper yourself this weekend and see if homemade face wash are worth the hype.
If you love making DIY skin care recipes at home, check out the entire list here.