The summer skincare routine for college students is surely a matter of concern for many of you. Summers are great but aren’t they quite frustrating for college students who would have to invest most time of their day out in scorching heat?
Just like winters, summers are the peak time of weather where college students feel equally anxious. This anxiety is more about their skincare routine that changes drastically. This causes them to not even enjoy this weather to the fullest.
But like always, we are here with some interesting and amazing summer skincare tips for college students that you will enjoy.
All that you have to do is to sit calmly, have patience and leave the rest on us. This guideline will cater to all of your concerns along with offering you some natural skincare remedies for summers. So enjoy your journey of letting go of summer skincare problems and welcome newly fresh skin with just some of the natural ingredients available right in your pantry.
Why do College Students need a Summer Skincare Routine
Summer is the peak season for different skin issues. Some of these issues just make your life dreadfully annoying and will test your patience to the fullest until one day you actually decide to fight with them. Warmer temperatures can be pretty harsh on your skin where oily skin tends to get oilier and dry skin gets patchy. Breakouts and pimples, rashes, and roughness abound, and the acne refuses to go away.
This is already a pain for others but for college students, it gets worse. Along with a whole academic pressure and with full class schedules, bustling social activities, nail-biting sporting events, and, of course, hard study sessions, campus lifestyles are beyond busy.
Oftentimes, things get so intense that these students forget that with everything, their skin needs love and pampering. This usually happens because of the simultaneous things that these students are dealing with.
Most of them at this point also consider a huge burden for them because they think that their skincare routine would demand a lot from their part. This is when it all goes wrong.
We are here with all the quick and easy skincare routines for teenage girls at home that wouldn’t require much of their time as well.
Coupled with this, our summer skin can suffer from dryness and dullness in addition to being oily. Having a proper summer skincare routine will not only eliminate all dry and dead cells from your pores but will also revitalize and maintain your skin, making it healthy.
Hence, to protect your skin in those difficult times where the college pressure is unbearable and the sunny weather makes it adverse, start with baby steps. Get you the most flawless skin that you’ve always wanted!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using any affiliate links, I will earn a commission based on that purchase. For more, you can read out the complete disclosure here.
Reasons for Dull Skin for College Students
As much as college life seems fun, it is the toughest period of a teenager’s life where students get to explore their freedom in every other domain of life. Along with being impulsive, college students are vulnerable as well.
The high intensity of the pressure causes them to lose sight of creating a balance between their burdensome assignments, social activities, and attempting to take proper care of themselves. This burden of college stress can have a variety of effects on your body.
- You may begin to have sleep issues, stomachaches, weariness, and a general lack of motivation.
- In addition to these bodily effects, the hustle and bustle of college can have an impact on your skin’s appearance.
- You could notice that your skin has gotten more reactive, sensitive and acne-prone, and reactive over time. Hence, leading to stress which causes your body to generate hormones like cortisol.
- These hormones stimulate your skin’s glands to create more oil, making your skin more prone to blemishes and breakouts.
Coupled with the stress, there are a lot of other issues as well that results in dull skin.
- They spend most of their day doing outdoor activities like internships and sports, this is why their skin gets frequent exposure to the sun. This makes you more susceptible and vulnerable to the sun.
- Not only it leads to tanning but too much sun exposure can also cause the skin to age prematurely. Melanin is a pigment found in our skin, and too much sun exposure causes the generation of more melanin. This is why continuous exposure to the sun can result in a change in skin color or even tanning.
Making yourself standing in front of the sun also causes dehydration where the skin loses the water content and thus moisture as well. Your skin loses dead cells on a frequent basis in order to make room for new ones. However, dead cells don’t always shed properly. Instead, they thicken the skin’s surface.
Dry, dull, flaky, and uneven skin might emerge as a result of this. Moreover, smoking can also lead to the emergence of dull skin.
If you are on quora, you might enjoy reading this conversation on summer tanning and what to do.
Easy Summer Skincare Routine for College Students
It doesn’t have to take a lot of time or money to keep your skin good-looking and fresh.
Here’s a quick and easy student summer skincare routine for college students, along with some optional additions. A proper skincare routine shouldn’t take more than ten minutes, and the benefits will last all day.
Your 10 minute morning skincare routine must include;
- Cleansing– Wash your face with a mild cleanser like this one with a low pH. This is low pH cleansers do not disrupt your skin’s natural moisture barrier. The moisture barrier keeps moisture in the skin while killing bacteria that cause breakouts and irritants. You can use any DIY face pack for summer to cleanse your face.
- Moisturize your skin– Apply a moisturizing, lightweight moisturizer after cleansing to smoothen the skin and replenish any moisture it may be lacking. Allow 5 minutes for the moisturizer to dry before applying sunscreen. For this, using DIY hydrating gels is advisable. They are watery in nature and go a long way. Major ingredients to make this could be Aloe Vera gel and cucumber extract.
- Apply sunscreen– Apply a high-protection sunscreen to your face, neck, and any bare areas. If you’re not planning on wearing makeup afterwards, you can rush out the door as soon as your sunscreen is on. However, if you intend to wear makeup, allow 10 to 15 minutes for the sunscreen to settle.
Is there any evening skincare regime too?
10 minutes evening DIY skincare routine for college students;
- Remove makeup or sunscreen– Before cleansing, dab a cotton pad in cleansing water and rub it over your face, neck, and chest in a circular motion to remove makeup and sunscreen. Use a natural balm or an emulsifying cleansing instead if you’ve worn heavier makeup or have put on a water-resistant sunscreen.
- Cleansing– Here, you may use the same cleanser that you used in the morning, depending on your choice.
- Treat your skin– You can apply a moisturizer at this stage or can simply use any natural homemade skincare remedy such as applying a face pack. Exfoliation is also a good and effective option to add to your routine. However, make sure not to over-exfoliate your skin, since this might result in bruising and rashes.
Here are few other natural skin care recipes you can try;
Natural Skincare Remedies for Summers
Let me walk you through some natural homemade skin care remedies that you would definitely fall in love with.
#1. Use Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is also a fantastic summertime treatment. Freeze some aloe vera into little cubes. When you get back home from a long tiring sunny day, rub these frozen aloe vera juice cubes on your face. It will make you feel revitalized and glowing. It also reduces skin inflammation.
If you don’t have access to natural aloe vera, you can check out this one. It’s natural and organic.
During the summer, rose water is a nice companion to our skin. You can use a cotton ball to dab it on your face to clean and chill it. You might also spritz rose water on your face for a quick freshening effect. Rosewater has anti-inflammatory characteristics that can help you get rid of acne and eczema, as well as lessen the redness of irritated skin. The best part is that you can also use it as a cleanser.
Another great fruit for your skin is papaya. To produce a paste, mash the papaya and add some lemon juice. Apply the paste to your face and wait 20 minutes before washing it off. You may also make a papaya paste with egg white and honey and leave it on for 20 minutes. And that’s all there is to it. Prepare yourself to have silky, bright skin. Papaya is good for your skin because it contains vitamin A and the papain enzyme, which can help eliminate dead skin cells and inactive proteins, refilling your skin.
#4. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice works as a natural bleacher. It can aid in brightening up your skin. Using raw milk and grame flour, make a paste. Apply a few drops of lemon juice in a circular motion on the face. Wait for it to dry a little before washing it off.
This can help even out your skin tone. However, it dries out the skin. As a result, to achieve flawless skin, make sure you apply a lot of moisturisers afterwards.
Other Homemade Remedies For Summer Skin Care
Other homemade remedies are Watermelon juice, Cucumber juice and Coconut water.
The cooling qualities of these juices are well known. Apply these juices to your face regularly to protect your skin from the sun’s rays. Watermelons are high in vitamin A, B6, and C, as well as lycopene and amino acids, all of which help to maintain good skin.
Best Summer Skincare Regime at Home
This part will contain some of the best DIY summer skin care remedies that you can use along with the aforementioned summer skincare tips for college students. Pick out the best one for you and enjoy the benefits of all the natural ingredients.
You can also use these techniques on weekend.
#1. Besan Face Pack for Brightening Skin
• Besan helps to remove impurities from the skin and clean it.
• It contains antioxidants that rejuvenate the skin.
• Turmeric aids to remove tan by lightening the skin.
• 2-3 tablespoons of besan.
• 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of olive oil
• A pinch of turmeric powder
• Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients to make a smooth paste.
• Apply the paste to the face and let it stay on the face until it dries out.
• Rinse off with lukewarm water.
How often to apply?
Twice a week.
#2. Tomato Tan Removal Face Pack at Home
Before using this mask, be sure that your skin is not allergic to tomatoes. Do a patch test on your skin before applying this mask.
• Tomatoes contain a natural acid and therefore is the best remedy for removing a tan.
• Reduces dark spots and pigmentation.
• Ripe Tomato
• Take one ripe tomato
• Chop it into pieces
• Put in blender and blend well
• Run it through the sieve to strain it
• Apply the pulp over the face
• Use massaging movements in a circular motion while applying it
• Allow it on the face for 20 minutes
• Rinse off
• Apply a moisturizer on the skin
How often to apply?
Use a tan removal mask 2-3 times a week.
#3. Mint Summer Face Mask Recipe for Dull Skin
• Works well with sensitive skin
• Quick to use
• Reduces tan
• Reduces dullness on skin
• Soothe the skin from sunburn
• Pinch of turmeric powder
• Mint leaves
• 1 cup of lukewarm water
• Prepare a paste of mint leaves
• Add a pinch of turmeric to it
• Cleanse the face with lukewarm water
• Apply the paste to the face
• Leave it for 15 minutes
• Rinse off with cold water
How often to apply?
Once in 3 to 4 days.
#4. Lavender DIY Face Spray for Summers
- Leaves a cooling effect on the skin.
- Has healing properties.
- Using this as a cleanser is effective.
- 1 peppermint tea bag.
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Steep the teabag in the boiling water.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Add lavender essential oil.
- Mix well.
- Take a spray bottle.
- Add the mixture and shake well before use.
#5. Strawberry Hydrating Gel
- Promote cell regeneration.
- Reduces redness and inflammation.
- Hydrates the inner layer of the facial skin.
- Removes dirt.
- 1 tablespoon of organic strawberry powder.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 drops of Vitamin E oil
- 2 drops of lavender oil
- 1 teaspoon of Cucumber extract
- Take a bowl and add up all the ingredients.
- Mix them all with a spatula until the consistency becomes watery.
- Place it in a 1 Oz jar and store it.
How often to apply?
Summer Skin Care For College Students
The bottom line is that summer is getting hotter day by day and with that numerous amount of skincare, issues are prevailing. Everyone experiences these issues but these stresses the college students the most. Therefore, we gathered some skincare tips for summers for these students to ease out their anxiety, making them insightful of how precious their skin is. Hence, deserves to feel all the love and care.
These are instant and simple summer skincare routines for college students that they can follow even in their busy schedules.
Start slow and have a regular summer skin care regime.