The DIY Himalayan salt scrub is a new addition to the homemade skincare essentials. Himalayan salt scrub is an excellent beauty hack that will provide you with radiant skin. You can definitely have a spa day at the premises of your own home by incorporating this salt scrub into your daily skincare regimen.
So how about you leave all the work you are doing right now and consider pampering your skin with love and care? You can easily do this by heading towards your kitchen and paring up Himalayan salt with other natural ingredients and you are done.
This is all the effort that is required from your end. To learn how to prepare homemade Himalayan salt scrub recipes, scroll down.
Benefits of Himalayan Salt Scrub
Himalayan salt scrubs are quite trendy these days because of the perks they offer you. Let’s just go through some of the advantages of Himalayan salt scrubs before starting with the recipes.
- Himalayan salt is one of the finest varieties of salt available due to the way it is manufactured. This salt is rich in magnesium and other minerals. This is why when it dissolves in water, it becomes an ionic mixture that aids in the removal of toxins from the body.
- Salt is a natural exfoliator so this scrub will not only exfoliate the body but will also cleanse it properly, balancing the pH of your skin.
- It can also aid to tighten and firming the skin while also reducing oiliness. This further helps to cure and lessen acne and pigmentations because of its antibacterial properties.
- Exfoliating dead skin with a pink Himalayan salt scrub is a breeze. It unclogs congested pores while also fighting acne and other imperfections.
- It also removes dead skin cells, exposing fresh skin and making it easier for oils, moisturisers, and other skin treatments to penetrate.
- A Himalayan salt body scrub can also aid with cellulite reduction along with giving relief from dry skin problems. It will not completely eliminate the cellulite but will surely decrease its visibility.
Homemade Himalayan Salt Scrub Recipes
The wait is finally over as now you will get to know some really outstanding DIY Himalayan salt scrub recipes that you can easily prepare in your own pantry;
#1. Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub
- 1 cup of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4th cup of fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil
- 20 drops of essential oil (You can pick any essential oil that suits your skin type)
- Take a pan and heat it.
- Add coconut oil to heat it so that it converts into a liquid state.
- Add the pink Himalayan salt to the pan.
- Stir well.
- Add essential oils.
- Heat it on a medium flame.
- After 5 minutes, transfer the scrub into the airtight glass jar.
- Allow it to cool down before applying.
How often to apply?
Twice a week.
#2. DIY Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub with Food Colouring
- 1 cup of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 4 drops of pink food colouring
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil
- Take a large mixing bowl and toss all of the ingredients together.
- Season with pink Himalayan salt.
- Add in sweet almond oil and stir the mixture.
- Add ½ cup of coconut oil to a measuring cup and put it inside the oven to melt it.
- Add coconut oil to the bowl along with a pinch of more salt and mix it.
- Continue mixing the mixture until you get a thick paste.
- Add essential oils into the bowl.
- Add a food colouring of your choice.
- Stir the ingredients to get a well-blended and fluffy mixture.
- Transfer it to an airtight container.
How often to use it?
Twice a week.
#3. Himalayan Salt Body Scrub with Grapeseed Essential Oil
- ½ cup of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup of finely grounded sea salt
- 10 drops of vitamin E oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba essential oil
- 3 tablespoons of almond oil
- 4 tablespoons of grapeseed essential oil
- 20 drops of any other essential oil of your choice
- Take a mixing bowl
- Combine sea salt and Himalayan salt.
- Add Grapeseed oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E, and essential oils.
- I prefer to add the essential oils at the end, directly on top of the salt mixture, because I believe it blends in better this way.
- Mix until the salt is well-coated in oil.
- Make sure it is coated in oil rather than swimming in it.
- Choose a glass or metal container to store it in.
- This recipe makes enough to fill one pint or two half-pint mason jars.
How often to use it?
Twice a week
Essential Oils for DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub
Before you go through these oils, you can also check out these 3 homemade sugar scrub recipes with essential oils. They are super easy to make.
Here are some essential oils for making Himalayan salt scrub.
Lavender essential oil
It looks great on all skin tones. By balancing out the moisture levels, it can also help to reduce inflammation and irritation in the skin. Because of its delicate nature, it is usually an ideal choice for sensitive skin. It works best for someone who suffers from constant anxiety as it helps the person to ease out their mind.
Citrus Fresh essential oil
Citrus Fresh essential oil is a powerhouse among the mixes, supporting the immune system, enhancing good sensations, and also contributing to overall wellness. It is also ideal for boosting the appearance of your skin because of the unique blend of citrus oils.
Frankincense essential oil
Frankincense Essential Oil is a great natural solution for calming the complexion due to its significant anti-inflammatory effects. It heals irritated or damaged skin by restoring the epidermis and calming the affected areas. This restorative substance calms and nourishes the skin, making it ideal for sunburn, rosacea, acne and pimples.
Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint oil is antimicrobial and antibacterial, and it naturally cleanses the skin. It provides a cooling action that relieves acne-related irritation and inflammation.
Rosemary essential oil
One of my favourite to add to a Himalayan salt scrub recipe. It moisturises the skin deeply. You can use this as a moisturizer as well. It helps to regulate sebum production. It also facilitates in resolving a lot of skin-related issues such as bodily stretch marks and reduces the appearance of blemishes.
Grapeseed essential oil
Vitamin E is abundant in grapeseed oil. This vitamin aids in the development, protection, and correction of the body. It promotes collagen formation and enhances skin tone. It aids in the battle against free radical damage and the prevention of acne outbreaks.
Jojoba essential oil
Jojoba oil has a number of therapeutic qualities that could make it useful in the treatment of acne, eczema, and psoriasis. You can use it as a cleanser, moisturiser, or spot treatment to reap the advantages and as well as in body scrubs as it can be applied to any part of the body.
All these essential oils would work with Himalayan salt scrubs and will make you feel fresh as soon as you apply the scrub. Just pick any of the essential oil that suits your skin type and you are good to go.
Note: Save the pin to pinterest board.
Tools For Making a DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub
Here are a few of the ingredients that are must in order to prepare the Himalayan salt scrubs;
- Pink Himalayan salt
It is advisable to use the Himalayan salt that has fine grains. You can grind this salt in a blender to create a scrub. Pink Himalayan salt is a great element for a spa-like treatment since it helps to retain the moisture of the skin.
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil, a skin-nourishing ingredient, is the ideal moisturiser to combine with Himalayan salt.
- Glass jar
Glass jars are essential to store the freshly prepared DIY Himalayan salt scrub. You can easily scoop out the scrub from the jar and apply it to your body.
- Essential oils
Adding a few drops of essential oil to your Himalayan salt body scrub would do wonders and provide therapeutic effects. To know which essential oil to go for, scroll up and read out some of the best essential oils that would give you spa-like treatment.
For a peaceful spa night, use lavender essential oil whereas Geranium, Frankincense, or citrus oils can boost up and promote the healthy development of the skin.
Wrap up: DIY Himalayan Salt Scrub
The bottom line is that Himalayan salt scrubs are quite famous these days because of the perks they offer. Create an amazing DIY Himalayan salt scrub recipe and treat yourself with love. It not only benefits the body but offers mental relief as well as the aroma of it helps you to get over from anxious state.
This is also a plus point since it is not only enhancing physical beauty but also helps you to comfort your mind. Pin down any of your favourite Himalayan salt scrub recipes and prepare it over the weekend. I am sure you will find it effective.